Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is there another name for the head gasket on a car?

hi, i'm going to attempt changing the head gaskets on my 1992 olds cultass supreme SL 3.1 L V6. I bought the correct Haynes repair manual for my car, but I can't seem to find where it shows step by step how to change the head gasket. I looked in the index, and its not even mentioned there. I was just wondering if there's another name for the head gasket. I was thinking it might be the intake gasket?Is there another name for the head gasket on a car?The tech name for it is the cylinder head gasket



The intake gasket is not the same thing as head gasket.



Look in the engine repair part of book, and the engine overhaul part of book to find info on how to change itIs there another name for the head gasket on a car?Ccnp Tutorials

http://ccnptutorials.info/Is there another name for the head gasket on a car?intake is top of motor before heads and far has i know only one name but might call it cylinder head gasket other than head gasketIs there another name for the head gasket on a car?I've got several Haynes manuals, and they just seem to get you in trouble. Go to the engine section, and check where they are re-assembling the engine. Should mention about head gaskets, and there will be torque values there also.Is there another name for the head gasket on a car?Forget doing it yourself. If you don't know what needs to be done even looking in a manual, then how did you decide the gaskets need changing?

You won't be likely to have the right tools, either....