Thursday, September 22, 2011

I need to buy a car less than $1700?

I have a 2001 vw passat 1.8T, it started really messing up at 135,000 miles and in 2 years I've spent fixing it about $2000. Because my uncle is a mechanic I ended up paying for the parts and not labor. Anyway the car isn't working now, it barely turns on at 176,000 miles. It needs another $1000 to fix... I want to buy another old/reliable car because passats ARE NOT reliable at all. I've changed the head gasket 3 times (once at the dealer) and it kept on leaking oil... what would you recommend for me to buy? camry (90-94), accord (90-94)? what else. How many miles did your good old dependable car last you? how much you think I should sell my passat for parts or for a mechanic to fix... Thank youI need to buy a car less than $1700?It should be 4-door, 4-cyls, not sporty. I would prefer Honda or Toyota... First time drivers usually have much more expensive car insurance, and it depends from car. You should compare insurance rates while choosing the car - for example here - carquotes.fateback.comI need to buy a car less than $1700?Camrys 95+ are good too. Also, Corollas. We had a 91 Corolla, with like 319,000 miles on it, and sold it for $50 about 5 years ago. I see it still driving around town to this day. I know that it's the same one from the unique rust hole in the trunk, haha. Any Toyota would be where it's at.I need to buy a car less than $1700?my uncle owns a 93 camry , now drove past 250,000miles , still running very strong. he had no problems with it . so what does that tell you ? 93-94 carmy are good . very dependable.



selling it will get you no more than $1500 . fixing cost the same pretty much , so is time to give it up