Monday, September 19, 2011

I just ordered the Haynes Manual and Head Gasket for my 2004 Highlander V4. How long will it take to replace?

My 2004 Highlander (4 cyl, 2wd) has a blown head gasket. I've read a lot about replacing them. I don't have much mechanical experience other than changing the exhaust system on my Harley and doing oil changes. How many hours should it take a person with no experience going off of the Haynes manual to replace a head gasket on a 2004 Toyota V4?I just ordered the Haynes Manual and Head Gasket for my 2004 Highlander V4. How long will it take to replace?Two Hours? An average mechanic takes 3-4 hours and that is if they have done it before. Plan on spending 4 to 5 hours to get everything off and put back together, and that is if the head is straight and not needing machine work. Take your time, do it right the first and hopefully last time. Good luck! I will say a mechanics prayer for you.I just ordered the Haynes Manual and Head Gasket for my 2004 Highlander V4. How long will it take to replace?it sould take you about two hours with a good book. That haynes Manual is not that good of a book.I just ordered the Haynes Manual and Head Gasket for my 2004 Highlander V4. How long will it take to replace?That depends on how much warpage you have on the head.You may have to get it resurfaced.I just ordered the Haynes Manual and Head Gasket for my 2004 Highlander V4. How long will it take to replace?it depend how good are u in tools and do you have proper tools for the job some special tools are needed like torque wrench its very important to have this tool coz if cyl. head is not torque properly youll have leak or cause overheating 'im sure the book will tell u the proper tools. it will make your job easier.
  • web space hosting
  • lock file
  •