Thursday, September 22, 2011

How long does it take a "Dead" battery to build up enough juice to start a car?

I had to call out from work today, and may need to on Monday and Wednesday, as my battery is %26quot;Dead%26quot; and car wouldnt turn over (This the one with the blown head Gasket, seems it really wore out Battery.) I wonder how many %26quot;Hours%26quot; until i let it run enough for the Alternator to charge it up? I almost had it started the last time, its very very close but the battery is now depleted...



I also put changing the Head and Gasket for it over my Job at this point. Im just wondering about how many %26quot;Hours%26quot; the battery should sit to get Juice.. its literally that borderline on its Energy. After like three turns, its dead... (Three attempts, i should say.)



Now that its warm, seems it has mych better chance to start...How long does it take a %26quot;Dead%26quot; battery to build up enough juice to start a car?It depends a lot on the temperature. A seemingly dead battery after cranking it for awhile has actually depleted the electrolyte closest to the plates - after it sits awhile, the electrolyte will diffuse throughout the battery with the more potent electrolyte furthest from the plates giving it somewhat of a second wind - but, be assured, it hasn't charged up by any stretch of the meaning.

Rather than tax your alternator, I would recommend picking up a small, 10 amp charger and letting the battery charge up for three or four hours.How long does it take a %26quot;Dead%26quot; battery to build up enough juice to start a car?The only way to fully charge the battery is using a battery charger, with a very flat battery, I would expect to sharge it for approx 24 hours. The Alternator will never fully charge it.How long does it take a %26quot;Dead%26quot; battery to build up enough juice to start a car?take it out and bring it in the hose. the heat from the house will bring it up some. i had to do that before.How long does it take a %26quot;Dead%26quot; battery to build up enough juice to start a car?I bought a battery charger for my home. They run about $20-$40 depending upon capacity. It's saved me a few times from low battery charge. I also use it to charge my backup battery since I live a long way away from a parts store.



A car's alternator will probably take about an hour to recharge a battery. Letting a battery sit won't let it recharge enough to start the car. However, when a battery sits, it can get some of the depleted charge back, but maybe not enough to start the car.



If the battery is dead because it is worn out (dead cell), there may be nothing you can do other than buying another battery.
  • migrating existing portal
  • row cell
  •