Monday, September 19, 2011

Someone please help me. S reg Peugeot 105 1.5 Diesel tud5 timing belt cover?

I have been changing head gaskets for many years now but not one of these. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the middle timing belt cover. The manuel says to undo the bolt in the middle of the cover but there is no bolt in the middle of the cover. I can't believe how long it has taken me just to get a bit of plastic off. I have removed the bolt that was so ridiculously placed, they had to make a cut out in the inner wing to get at it (which doesn't line up). I just need to find the other bolt, if there even is one, the cover won't come out so i assume there must be another. If some one can help it would be very appreciated.Someone please help me. S reg Peugeot 105 1.5 Diesel tud5 timing belt cover?There are 10mm headed bolts on the edges of the middle section of the timing cover.the one down the back of the engine can be a pig.To get the front %26quot;hole%26quot; to line up? the top front engine mounting needs to be removed any way ,so I usually use a scissor jack on the front sump edge to bring the bolt in line with the socket hole.A complex question?to answer in this forum?Try the Peugeot one?Hope this helps