Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Subaru Outback legacy 2.5eng - How easy is it to replace the head gasket?

I'm pretty sure I have a blown headgasket, but there is so little room to work on this engine.



Can the head gasket be changed without pulling the engine out of the car.Subaru Outback legacy 2.5eng - How easy is it to replace the head gasket?Head Gasket(s). You have two cylinder heads on this engine remember.



A few weeks ago we did a Subie 2.5 head gasket in my shop. My lead mechanic, who has probably done several hundred head gasket jobs in his career worked on it. Afterwards he vowed never to do another head gasket job again. He's calmed down a bit since then but you get the idea.



Nuff said.



And no, you do not have to remove the engine. You really should get the special tool for locking the timing gears in place though.Subaru Outback legacy 2.5eng - How easy is it to replace the head gasket?IF YOU MUST ASK I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE IT TO A SHOP.