Monday, October 24, 2011

What is the Deal with BURNING or BOILING Coolant and the CAR isnt Overheating and NO Blown head Gasket?

Does it mean i need to change my Thermostat?



I made a 50/50 Coolant mix and put it to EXACTLY 1/2 the Expansion Reservoir w engine STONE COLD and let Engine run for liek 10 monutes with Cap off. I turned on the HTR as my controls are OFF -MAX -NORM - B/L (AC) then -VENT- -HTR- DEF. I saw %26quot;Smoek/steam%26quot; coming from the Tank; at 15 minutes (it rose a little bit when i turned the Heater off,) I put the Cap on.I turned the car off, and took the cap off; it must have pressurized quickly, a LITTLE BIT was coming out of the Overflow Hose that goes by the Tire. i turned it on again, let the Smoke (Boiling coolant,???) Die down a little, drove 5 minutes... I heard Air coming back to the Expansion Tank (My understanding it is SUPPOSED to do this, as it is a %26quot;Self-bleeding system%26quot;) and Nothing came out, i didnt take the cap off. I did this twice more, Supermarket to hardees then Harees to Home.



Have i bleeded and Filled my Cooling system correctly? Did any Air come out by itself, as it was/is supposed to?



199 olds Cutlass Calais 2.5L Tech4, %26quot;Iron Duke.%26quot; Or DO I NEED A NEW THERMOSTAT? If so, what do i do?



I STILL have no idea how this all works, 1) Pressurizing 2) Thermostat 3) Air and Air Pockets (They come out, right?) 4) %26quot;Bleeding%26quot; ...What is the Deal with BURNING or BOILING Coolant and the CAR isnt Overheating and NO Blown head Gasket?my 95 ols. aurora did the same thing, and it was because i had a leak in my radiator and my radiator hose needed to be replaced. so check that outWhat is the Deal with BURNING or BOILING Coolant and the CAR isnt Overheating and NO Blown head Gasket?cracked water jacket...drive it till it diesWhat is the Deal with BURNING or BOILING Coolant and the CAR isnt Overheating and NO Blown head Gasket?on that engine i believe there is a bleeder screw on top of the thermostat housing if not the easiest way to bleed that system is to make that surge tank the highest part of the cooling system causing all the air bubbles to come to it. but it sound like it is bleed out the cars not over heating and the heater blows hot air.