Monday, October 24, 2011

I think I have a Blown Head Gasket, but I am still not sure...can someone help me out?

Ok here is my situation: I have a 98 Toyota Camry XLE V6. I bought it about 4 1/2 months ago, I am not really a big car expert so it looked fine to me. The next day when I started my car, the car blew smoke out. It was a whitish, dirty looking color. I asked my dad, he said it might be the head gasket. However, I am still in doubt. The car runs fine, it does not over heat and it only blows smoke sometimes not every day. I still drive my car every day with no problems, I performed some maintenance like changing the oil and spark plugs. Ive been taking care of my car but yeah, generally how long will a car run if you have a bad gasket? Is it worth fixing? Should I go get a coolant flush to see if it was just rust? The coolant container does look a bit dirty.....please help me out! I dont know what to do, my parents would be so upset if my car broke down on me simply because thats the car they bought me. Should I keep driving it, see what the problem is or just sell it?I think I have a Blown Head Gasket, but I am still not sure...can someone help me out?smell the exhaust if it smells like coolant than its a blown head gasket. also check the oil if there is any water it will be whitish cause it mixed with oil then its a blown head gasket or cracked block. since its only a 98 toyota . toyotas are good vehicles. then its probaly excess oil being burned off. also ask someone to do a pressire test on the radiator if its not holding pressure that could mean a blown head gasket. a tuneup is not expensive and a oil change and coolant flush, that should maybe solve the problem . if it still blows out smoke then it could be the head gasket. your car would run rough if it was a head gasket cause the difference in compression ratios between the cylindersI think I have a Blown Head Gasket, but I am still not sure...can someone help me out?If it is a head gasket you would have noticed oil and coolant oozing out when you changed the spark plugs-also it would be overheating all the time and losing alot of oil and coolant.I think I have a Blown Head Gasket, but I am still not sure...can someone help me out?how many miles?i doubt the head gasket is blown,(it could be but not if it was drivin properly)i would just do the coolant flush and see what happens,do you hear any gurgaling swishing sound in your dash when you hit the gas?if you do then see if theres air in the cooling system and get it out,if its still there(the noise )then ya its your head,another way is to look at the head ,between the head and block see if you see external leaks,I think I have a Blown Head Gasket, but I am still not sure...can someone help me out?That smoke is not normal - you have coolant getting into the cylinders. End of story.

Your piggy bank just got annihilated .But you might have a good car once you address this problem.I think I have a Blown Head Gasket, but I am still not sure...can someone help me out?if the exhaust has a slightly sweet smell to it, then yes, your coolant is getting into the combustion chamber, and yes that certainly could mean a head gasket.