Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I drain/flush the radiator of a '96 mitsu. eclipse. I've never done this, how much coolant do I need ?

Please give step-by-step details. I have to drain, flush, add a sealant and change the thermostat to seal a leaking head gasket.How do I drain/flush the radiator of a '96 mitsu. eclipse. I've never done this, how much coolant do I need ?there is no way for you do do this properly in your driveway. change the t-stat first, then get it flushedHow do I drain/flush the radiator of a '96 mitsu. eclipse. I've never done this, how much coolant do I need ?the easiest way if you dont no how to do it is take it to someone who does, because if you do something wrong you will @!%%26amp; up your engine then your in for a big billHow do I drain/flush the radiator of a '96 mitsu. eclipse. I've never done this, how much coolant do I need ?Get a repair manual (they arent a bad idea to have around anyways) or go on www.autozone.com. Pretty much you open the radiator and engine drain valves (the repair manual will show the locations). Worse can you can just pull the lower radiator hose, but it wont really drain the engine. Generally the sealant stuff will have directions in what order to do everything, and they generally have you run the motor without the trhemostat, and stuff like that. Then you probably need around three gallons of water/coolant mixture. Any autoparts store (or that pesky manual) will have the capacities.How do I drain/flush the radiator of a '96 mitsu. eclipse. I've never done this, how much coolant do I need ?check your owner's manual for how -to and amounts and dispose of the old anti-freeze at a chemical re-cycling center or a gas station.How do I drain/flush the radiator of a '96 mitsu. eclipse. I've never done this, how much coolant do I need ?Take it to shop and they'll do a radiator flush for you. Drain and fills suck cause they're not getting the majority of old coolant out of the system. Flushing it is the way to go as far as any fluid exchanges go on your car (tranny, power steering, coolant). They're probably gonna charge around $80 but its worth it.
  • DSL Internet / Router problem
  • web hosting domains
  •