Thursday, June 2, 2011

I need to change a head gasket on a ford f 150 4.2l engine?

does anyone know torque specs or where i can find out how to change it , with specific specs ???I need to change a head gasket on a ford f 150 4.2l engine?BEFORE you %26quot;jump the gun%26quot; and replace the head gaskets, how sure are you that they have failed. For your information, the lower intake gaskets on these particular engines are pretty common to fail, and produce similar symptoms to a head gasket failure. The 4.2L V6 is from the same engine family as the 3.8L V6 engine that you find under the hoods of many Windstars. The intake gaskets on this particular vehicle is made from plastic, which typically fall apart at the coolant passages, allowing coolant to mix engine oil. If this is your problem, I would go as far as pulling off the lower intake manifold first, and examine the intake gaskets to check for the damage that I've described. The replacement gaskets from Ford are thicker. With that said, care must be taken NOT to strip all the 8mm bolts which secure the lower intake to the heads, due to all the bolt holes not lining up without persuasion. Hope this helps. If you require more information, you can e-mail me.I need to change a head gasket on a ford f 150 4.2l engine?Go to your nearest parts store and buy a Chiltons or Clymers service manual for your make and model. It will have all the information you need. You may find a service manual if a library also.I need to change a head gasket on a ford f 150 4.2l engine?First of all, PAIN IN THE REAR!!!!! Head gaskets are my nemisis. This will not be an easy job by any means!!!But if you insist.....I'd suggest trying to get yourself a Chilton's manual and looking for %26quot;torques specs%26quot; online. I found a great site for my Chevy. Surely there's one for Fords.I need to change a head gasket on a ford f 150 4.2l engine?Most libraries have the Chilton or Haynes manuals available, I usually just photocopy the pages I need there so I don't have to bring the book back.I need to change a head gasket on a ford f 150 4.2l engine?Look here This may help

http://boxwrench.net/specs_index.htm
  • How do i make a quilt
  • oppose drilling for oil
  •